Tei Tei Taveuni
Tei Tei Taveuni (TTT) was founded in 2009 as a result of a farmers meeting at Mua Research Station called the Taveuni Minisummit. It was founded to work on:
- Sustainable farming and soil regeneration
- Food security and sustainable livelihood
- Conservation and environmental awareness
TTT is working towards its goal using biological farming principles. The efforts are on finding solutions for farming problems which can be implemented by farmers.
Sustainable farming methods that sustain food security
- Organized the Soil Schools at Taveuni in corporation with Organic Matters Foundation
- Acquired the Services of an ‘Australian Volunteer International’ for 3 years to mentor 40 farm-groups throughout the Island.
- produce biochar and compost as locally produced input
- also involved with the ACIAR Coco-veneer project and working on finding a profitable use for senile coconut palm wood to create funds for coconut replanting.