- How can I become a member of POETCom?
Refer to the Membership Policy and fill in a Member Application Form available from this link.
- How much does it cost to become a POETCom member?
Currently, membership is free of charge however members are required to provide annual reporting to POETCom.
- How can I get my farm certified?
There are 2 ways of certification:
- If you are looking at getting your products certified for local and regional markets including Australia and New Zealand, you will need a PGS (Participatory Guarantee System) certification. Click here to access the process. You can then drop an email to POETCom Organic Systems Extension Officer (Stephen Hazelman) on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and advice.
- For international markets such as EU, USA etc you will need to work with a 3rd Party Certifier, then let POETCom know when you get approval and we will add your products to our approved list. Click here for a list of 3rd Party certifiers in the Pacific.
- I am hoping to get my organic inputs certified. What are the processes involved in getting certification?
Agricultural products including food, flowers, livestock feed etc. are Certified Organic, inputs including fertilizer, pest control materials etc are Approved For Use In Organics. POETCom does not certify inputs but can only approve the product for those using the Pacific Organic Standard. For technical approvals of organic inputs, please submit the following:
- Ingredients that you use in producing your organic fertilizer
The information you submit will be kept confidential