Organic and ethical trade principals are the pillars on which a sustainable future is built.
These principal pillars support the initiatives that will address some of the most important issues families and communities face such as:
- Climate Change mitigation and adaptation
- Protection of biodiversity
- Creating livelihood opportunities
- Provides for food and nutritional security
- Prevents land degradation and restores degraded land
- Provides opportunities for youth and women’s empowerment
- Provides health benefits for our people
Additionally organics and ethical trade positively impacts more than just farms. Below are some of the ley impacts for the Pacific.
Clean Safe Food
Fair to Farmers
Food and Nutritional Safety
Organic Stands with Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)